Saturday, April 1, 2017

Day 3 of 30 Days of Brave: I AM SELF-AWARE


Today's Brave Act


What does it mean to be self-aware? It's knowing who I am and understanding my strengths and weaknesses while not beating myself up over them. I've realized that loving someone doesn't mean that you see them as a perfect being, in fact if you really do love them, you are very aware that they are far from perfect. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses and understanding the good and the bad about myself will help me better maneuver my life.

I can't lead a life following the rules somebody else sets for me. By being self-aware, I will know the best way to face future challenges and reach the goals I want to conquer.

What is my biggest strength?


I listen and observe. I like to listen, hear everything that's being said, organize it in my mind and then speak if I so choose to do so. I appreciate beauty and will sometimes see beauty in unconventional ways and objects. I like that I don't always see the world like everybody else does. Although I do admit, sometimes it can be a bit unsettling but I wouldn't change it for the world.

What is my biggest weakness?

 

I can burn out easily. This is why finding things that I am passionate about is important to me. I also benefit from practicing things that will keep me accountable. If I am completely on my own, my own excitement and motivation can run out much quicker than I would like them to. This is something that I hope to work on during these 30 Days of Brave.


"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."

- ABRAHAM MASLOW



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...