Thursday, April 13, 2017

Day 15 of 30 Days of Brave: I AM RESOURCEFUL


One Step at a Time


It's day 15. It's usually around this time when I start to burn out, which I kind of have. This is the time to light a fire under my butt to keep me going. These 30 days of Brave are only the beginning. I have so many things I want to accomplish that I tend to get overwhelmed and I don't know where to start. I tend to lose sight of my goal.

It's easy enough to say that I should simply start with one step. The problem is, which direction do I take that step in. Once that step is taken I have another series of possible options for the step following that one. And so it continues on and on.

From the ABC Guys

I just finished reading this book. Easy to read 95 pages of truth. The fact of the matter is that I have to map out my journey or of course I'm going to feel overwhelmed and taken aback. Mapping things out doesn't necessarily mean that all will go according to plan but at the very least you can take those steps with more confidence and a clearer view of where you're trying to get.

The book's goal setting strategy focuses on getting rich but the beauty of it is that it can be applied to any type of goal I want to set. I just need to take the time to plan out my journey. As long as I'm conscious that road blocks and detours are inevitable I should be fine. I'll at least know the key stops I need to make. Above all, I need to enjoy the ride. The best way to do that is not having to worry about the journey at every upcoming turn or fork in the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...