Sunday, April 9, 2017

Day 11 of 30 Days of Brave: I AM COMPASSIONATE


Quick Update


I've been busy during days 9 and 10 of the 30 Days of Brave Challenge. I'm doing more work and every day getting more motivated with doing things that make me happy and will ultimately benefit the life I truly want to lead.

Days 9 and 10 were all about being vulnerable and curious. I am a naturally curious person so that isn't too hard to work with. It's all about asking "Why?" to get to the root of issues, both with myself and those around me. This will help me out in my professional life, my personal life and my creative life. I'm all for it.

Being vulnerable is a bit more tricky. Putting myself out there on my blog to the Internet is not bad because I still have control. I decide what and how much to put out into the world. I have the benefit of thinking about what I'm going to say before I say it. Being vulnerable one-on-one is a bit more of a task. But maybe I can work on that through storytelling and poetry.

In St. John's there are Storytelling circles and open poetry nights. I haven't yet gone to one because I'm afraid of going by myself. I guess this is where day 11 comes into play.

Letting Fear Fade Away


Today I had my third pole fitness class and I love it just as much as I did the first time, probably more. I'm getting braver and more compassionate with myself. I didn't feel as scared when I went upside down into the handstand with the pole this time. No picture this week but I'll remember that for next time.

It's such a fun and accepting atmosphere. Erica, the instructor is awesome and she does an awesome job of making her students feel comfortable and safe. The confidence that I can gain from this experience I want to use in the rest of my daily living. Talking to strangers shouldn't be scary, it's the only way I'll meet more worthwhile people and make new friends.

I feel good. A bit tired after this week but good. I'll do my best to take advantage of the coming days in my continuing journey of being a more authentic and braver me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...