Monday, February 1, 2016

Lost & Found: Valentine's Edition

A Blog Hop

 

Blog Hop
Read other bloggers' posts here

A blog hop where we write a post about love found and/or lost. For the list of the other bloggers participating click here.

Is this Love?

 

By LittleCely

I found a pot with some soil and a sprout peeking out. A sprout made of wisps of green. It's too soon to know, is this love I have found? Because you know, I didn't see the seed.

It could be infatuation, or lust. Maybe obsession or a passing fancy. All the sprouts from each of those seeds seem the same when they're born and the only thing left for me to do is to wait and see.

Ah, it's no longer just a sprout now, it's blossomed so beautifully. What else could this be? It has to be Love, so majestic and hypnotizing. 

My radiant plant has thorns that sting when I handle it hastily. I must learn to treat it much more gently. But too gently and it starts to wither, the special care I give it is more necessary. In the beginning it was as if I could do no wrong. Any care I gave it, it grew strong. Now it seems more fragile, a wrong move and it won't be long before it's gone.

I made a mistake. It's dying. It's light is fading slowly... Can I save it? Or will I lose it? This Love that means the world to me. It all the depends on what I do next. There's still a chance I know, because I feel it. It's struggle to live beside me.

It all depends on what I do next... the life of my Love, depends on me.

---

a Prose Poem by LittleCely



18 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I like your last sentence a lot. "The life of my love depends on me." To realize the role we play in love and acceptance of its responsibility means to have insight about who you really are as a person.
    Very nice.
    Shalom,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Yeah in the beginning love is just so effortless but we need to put in our part to make it work too.

      Delete
  2. It truly does. That's a little secret no one tells you when you're falling for someone, that love stands the test of time--but only with continued investment. Relationships mean putting in effort. Nothing stays beautiful forever without some care. =) Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. It helps I think when you take an abstract concept and try to relate it to something easier to grasp. It was fun to write anyway.

      Delete
  3. That's a really good analogy for love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming from one who is a gardener, your anaology is so true. Beautiful thoughts. Coming from one who has been married over 40 years, love does need a lot of care and nurturing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to write I'm glad you find the analogy believable.

      Delete
  5. Very well done, beautiful and true.
    Thanks for your amazing contribution to the Lost & Found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all depends...

    That is really good.
    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. This is brilliant! Great metaphor... Indeed, we can't know whether what sprouts will be a keeper or a weed, or a gorgeous, delicate flower of such high maintenance that it exceeds our competence—or drives us to obsession—or releases a magical Gardener inside us we never even knew existed. Lovely, lovely piece. Thanks so much for making it a part of the Lost & Found hop :)
    Guilie @ Quiet Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a lot of fun to be a part of the hop.

      Delete
  8. Wow, this is really nice. I love the metaphor of using a sprouting plant. Love requires so much tender loving care...yet sometimes it needs some tough love and there is always trial and error to see just what method works best. I love your last line, "the life of my love depends on me." POwerful!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I agree that last line packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A prose poem? How cool, and beautifully written, too. Reminds me a little of my college roommate. She had a black thumb when it came to killing every plant she ever tried to raise, so she laughingly said, "How am I ever gonna keep a man if I can't even keep a damned plant alive?" But, bless her heart, she managed... for a while... three times married and divorced. But her exes all remained her friends, and they all gave her the real loves of her life... her children.

    I especially like the last line of your piece. It pretty much says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent analogy and so well presented. I enjoyed your thoughts on this subject. So true!

    Arlee Bird
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...