Friday, January 8, 2016

Resolutions and Puppies



2015 in Review


2015 treated me well all things considered. I was working with cute and wonderful students from KG to 2nd grade and tutoring some 5th graders that taught me a lot about who I am and who I want to be.

I realized that the person I met through tinder in November 2014 was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I started to learn what it meant to be mindful.

Met a bunch of cool people.

I poked around Peru with Bruce where I managed to hike the Inca trail as my knees rebelled against me.

I left Doha to come to St. John’s, Newfoundland where jeez I got married.

That being said I had my share of depression dips here and there but never as bad as they had been.

All in all I’m happier than I’ve been in a long time, I’m in love and not afraid of it, and I’m looking forward to discovering what I need to do next to be more me and love myself for it.

Resolutions


There are a lot of things I’d like to do. Some are of the common variety: be healthier, work harder, be more organized … but I also want to get back to blogging. I’m far away from various family and friends and  sometimes, okay most of the time, I suck at keeping in touch, so in a way I can use this as a mass updater of my life for those who are interested. With a few art pieces and reviews included.

I want to write more, not just blogging wise. I want to see how far I can take my drawing skills, learn new techniques and forms. There’s a lot I want to do. It’s always been the doing it that seems to be the problem. But I feel like this time I’m up for it. I’m motivated and honestly I have all the time in the world at the moment.

My permanent residence application has been sent off, but I still have to wait to be able to work. So I have no excuses. I have the time, I have the gusto, and I guess I’ll build the talent.

Puppies


Monty, Christmas 2015
I miss Monty very much. But he’s old, he’s a 13 year-old miniature Schnauzer that is better traveled than most human beings, and the travel takes a toll on him. It wouldn’t have been right to bring him with me to Canada. But he continues to be loved by Mom and Dad and of course my sister. Caro makes sure he is loved and well taken care of. That’s all I want, for him to be happy and healthy.

That being said, I think it’s time to adopt another fur baby, this time together with my dear husband who is taking the full force of my love. He grew up being Canadian and an only child, he is not used to the affection a Mexican woman from a large extended family can give. Bruce loves my love but I can see where he could find it overwhelming at times. I love my kisses and hugs!

To his credit he is more used to it than he was, and I have learned to lower the intensity from time to time.

“You know,” I told him one day not too long ago, “if we get a pet I’ll have to divvy up some of my hugs and kisses between you two. You won’t be the only source of my outpouring of love.”

“Well, when you put it that way…”, he was up for it.

I only just started looking at animal shelters this past week though and I found what we thought would be a perfect match:

Penny a Beagle/Mix


Bruce wants a female dog and I would like it to be a puppy and a dog that would do well around children. Penny was adorable. But alas we were a few minutes too late. Our application was just as good and qualified as the people who came before us so they got her instead.

We were a little disappointed but it made sense and what was most important, Penny was going to a loving home.
So, now I’m on the lookout.

I’m looking forward to see what 2016 has to say. Bruce and I both have big plans and we are there to support each other through whatever may come. What else could I ask for?

Oh yeah! A puppy!

Kisses and Hugs,

LittleCely

2 comments:

  1. Hi ! Looks like You had a Great and Wonderful Year . Yes ! I totally agree with you that Working with Kids teaches us some really wonderful things. Hope You have great 2016. Wishing You all the more Success and Happiness !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Wishing you the best as well in this new year.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...