Saturday, January 9, 2016

Charcoal Tears

At the same time that it’s been a while that I’ve blogged or written much at all, it was also some time since I’d drawn something new.

The grid was done lightly in pencil the eye in charcoal.

I decided to go back to the basics so to speak and work on an eye drawing. They are what I started with and I felt it would be a stepping stone into getting my confidence back and starting work on new projects.

Progress Pic

I enjoyed getting back on the horse so to speak. It’s amazing how precise and technical this type of art is. I always use a photo as reference and I try to get it as close to the original as I can. I kinda feel like a very slow imperfect human printer, but I’ve come to realize that that’s not a bad thing at all. I need to be mindful when I do it, so in a way it’s like a form of meditation, like the new adult colouring book fad! A fad I pounced on as soon as it was made available to me, I might add.

I’d like to do a bit more free hand drawing. I’m always awed and humbled by artists that just know the shapes and lines they have to make to make something work. But like everything else, it’s practice. There are those with natural talent but really it’s doing the thing you want to learn all the time, as often as you can, if you want to get results, there is no other way to improve.



Charcoal Tears by LittleCely

Anyway Charcoal Tears was finished a couple months ago, but the good news is that I’ve got another project on the way. And this times there are no eyes in sight! Heh.

Love and kisses,

LittleCely

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...