Monday, January 25, 2016

Blogging from A to Z Challenge Sign Up


I have officially signed up for April's Blogging From A to Z Challenge! I’m excited to do it again. I participated once before two years ago in 2014. It was a lot of fun and I had only signed up a week before it was due to start. All the same I managed to complete the challenge with flying colors!



What Is It?


The challenge was created seven years ago by Arlee Bird from Tossing it Out. The rules are simple: you write a blog post for every day in April except Sundays. Doing that you will get a total of 26 posts for the month; the same number of letters in the English alphabet. So on April 1st you write a post about something beginning with the letter “A”, the 2nd a post beginning with the letter “B”, the 3rd is a Sunday so you rest, and so on consecutively.

You can have a theme for your posts or go random. Random was my strategy the first time around. I didn’t have enough time to work out a theme and since my blog is pretty random anyway, I thought it was fitting.

This time however I have a couple of months to plan and lay out the posts I want to write. I might still go random but I might opt for a theme… I haven’t quite decided yet and I am open to suggestions!


More Than Just Blogging


The Blogging from A to Z  Challenge is a great way to hone your discipline for writing and posting regularly, but it is also an opportunity to grow your readership and discover new blogs you might never have come across otherwise.

Part of the challenge is taking the time to visit other blogs who are also participating. You are encouraged to visit at least 5 new blogs a day during the challenge. That way you show your support and make new blogging friends along the way. You don’t have to follow every blog you visit but you will find a few that will make you want to come back.

Since I stopped blogging for a while, I also stopped following other blogs. Oops. But now since I’m getting back into things it will be fun to visit the blogs I used to follow and find new and exciting ones as well. In fact I’ll be doing that leading up to the challenge as well.


Have a Blog or Want to Start One? Then Jump Right In!


The sign-up list is open all the way up to March 31st. So there is plenty of time for you to decide to join in if this is something that sounds interesting to you. For more information visit the official site here.

I have some time to brainstorm ideas until March 21st which will be the official A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal Blogfest Day. Say that five times fast.

Extra Hugs for the Hugless,

LittleCely

1 comment:

  1. Good to visit your site as a part of my A to Z visits.
    Welcome to A to Z April Blogging Challenge 2016 - Co-Participant - Nrao
    NRao Blogs - 2016 A to Z Challenge Blog Posts

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...