Monday, May 12, 2014

Write Club - Join the Fun!

#writeclub2014
Write Club 2014

While exploring the blogosphere the other day I came across DL Hammons' blog who has been hosting a different kind of writing contest, called Write Club, for the past couple of years. 

Write Club is a contest where 500 word writing samples duke it out in various rounds until only one is left standing: the winner.

I had never heard of this before and was so happy that I came across it just in time for the submission period. Anybody and everybody is free to submit a sample in any genre for the chance to be chosen as one of the 32 participants of Write Club. Once the 32 have been picked, each week there will be two bouts of randomly paired samples fighting for the votes of the Write Club readers (you vote by commenting and joining the write club linky). The sample with the most votes goes on to the next stage of the competition and is that much closer to Write Club glory!

The rules are fun because while you are encouraged to spread the word about Write Club, you are also discouraged from promoting your own sample if you submitted one. It is an anonymous competition focused on writing skill and not popularity.

So here I am spreading the word and still deciding if I should submit something or not (gotta think up a cool pen name...). If you're interested in checking it out click here for the official rules and more detailed info.

 


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Nothing will get people writing like participating in a group challenge like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I thought it was worth sharing. =)

      Delete
  2. Hi Cely - I know bloggers who've joined in and Don runs it really well - enjoy Write Club .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! It does seem like it will be a fun experience.

      Delete
  3. I've cruising my way through the AtoZ road trip and came upon your blog. I've never heard of Write Club and clicked the link in your post. Good thing I did as it seems fun and will enter as soon as I can. Nice meeting you and love forward to reading more from you. Michelle @ http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting! I'm glad my post could lead you to Write Club. It does sound like a fun experience.

      Delete
  4. That's a pretty cool idea. Good luck with it if you decide to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for it. Sounds like fun. One of these years I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...