Sunday, May 11, 2014

ROW80 Check-In

About ROW80
Last week I decided to start the ROW80 Writing Challenge. A goal setting blog hop that takes place every Sunday and Wednesday. My first week wasn't all together perfect but I did well all things considered.


 Wednesday I spent a good part of the day out of the house and yesterday was Mother's Day (in Mexico we celebrate it May 10th) so we spoilt my Mom a bit that day.

Writing

I managed to word vomit for 4 out of the 7 days. It wasn't as much as I wanted but it was enough to get my writing projects into perspective and gave me a clearer idea of the direction I need to take. So here are some updated writing goals for the coming weeks:
  • Research for the academic paper I want to write on Vladimir Propp and Shounen Manga. *Main Project for the moment*
  • Short Story writing (4 ideas that need to be fleshed out.)
So I want to spend an hour and a half on research and then write a first draft for each story. I'll focus on a separate story a day.

Reading Goals

Reading goals are on track. 1 out of 17 books done and reviewed.

Blogging Goals

Wrote five posts last week. This week I have four planned at the moment, including this one.

I also want to visit 2 to 3 new blogs from the A to Z road trip a day. And visit 5 or more ROWers every Sunday and Wednesday.

Personal Goals

Exercise: Insanity is going well except I didn't do Saturday's video due to Mother's Day. I'll make it up for another day.

Drawing: Drew 7 hrs this week. Original goal was double that. That is something I need to improve on. 2 hours a day. For this week I will finish working on hair and start my first portrait.

WaniKani: WaniKani is a Japanese kanji learning/studying website. Currently up to date with my lessons.

----------------

And it looks like the move to Qatar is slowly going underway. Movers will be by the apartment later in the week and I have to start training my dog again to feel comfortable in his crate for his trip on the plane. Thankfully it will only be a two hour flight.

Check out other ROWers here.




11 comments:

  1. Well done on your writing and reading goals! Yay for word vomit, it's a great way to go - although it is as messy as real life vomit ;)

    Good luck with the move by the way, it's going to be stressful for your dog! I'll have to get tips on how to train cats to feel comfortable in a crate for when we move back home. 13 hours is a long flight for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And I know. Travelling can be stressful for everyone. And both the cat and the dog are not going to be happy about it at all.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on your goals. I like the term "word vomit" - very cool. I should try that sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! Yeah I love that term too, I stole it from celine at celinejeanjean.com

      Delete
  3. Your Mother's Day is close to ours! Congrats on meeting so many goals. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's going to get harder with the move but I will do my best. =)

      Delete
  4. Welcome! Great goals and progress. I've been working on short stories recently too, and they are a fun format to write. Hope they go well for you! Have a terrific round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by and visiting! I'll do my best to keep up with everything I have to do.

      Delete
  5. Hi Cely .. so pleased you were able to spend time with your mother ... and that your goals are coming together - exercise .. yes I must do! Moving to Qatar ... and poor dog - still at least they'll be with you in your new home ... good luck with the move - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! There is so much to do before the move I hope I don't get too overwhelmed. I will do my best. =)

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the A Round of Words in 80 Days challenge. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...