Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rounding Off Lips


I have pink hair now!!!


I meant to put up this post yesterday but I spent countless hours in a salon getting my hair cut and fabulousized! So you get it today.

Lips Drawn by Me. Framed by someone else.
During the A to Z Challenge I was able to use two of the letters ("L" and "N") to show a little bit of what I am currently learning. Which is drawing photorealistic portraits.

Back in "L" I shared my first ever lips (finished just in time for the post), and today I'd like to share the lips I've done since then.

Lips by LittleCely
These lips took some time to do due to the contrasts I had to include. These lips are obviously wearing lipstick or some kind of gloss and I really had to show that.

Lips by LittleCely

And the final lips I had to draw. Difficult in their own right, these don't have lipstick or gloss. My mother tells me they are Angelina Jolie's lips but I can't really tell.

So those are the lips. I am now on to practicing hair before actually starting my first portrait. I might come back to drawing lips though since I still have a few reference pictures of lips that look like they would be really fun to draw. I'll call it my lip collection!

Oh and if you would like to see more of my drawings as they happen, follow me on my Instagram (@littlecely), Tumblr (thelittlecely) or Twitter (@cely27).
Enhanced by Zemanta


15 comments:

  1. You look AWESOME!! I love your hair! Well worth delaying the blog post for ;)

    And I agree with your mum, especially the second pair of lips, they look like Angelina Jolie's lips. I love the level of detail, it feels like I could run my finger on the screen and feel the skin. Well done, I'm looking forward to your first portrait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! This type of drawing takes So Loooong but in the end it is really rewarding. =D

      Delete
  2. I love the pink hair! I want to do something similar with purple, but I'm a big chicken.

    You have done an amazing job on drawing those lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and commenting and for the compliment.

      I've been thinking of doing something like that with my hair for a long time until I came to the conclusion Why not? So I say if you want purple hair, Do It! You'll be the coolest mom.

      Delete
  3. I'm really impressed with your lip drawings. Yes, the bottom one does look like Angelina Jolie's lips.

    I like the pink hair, too. So you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair! In my 'younger' years I used to change my hair color all the time-I think it's been just about every color in the rainbow, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun isn't it? I really needed the change too. =)

      Delete
  5. Very realistic. I love these. And I agree with everyone else--the pink hair is awesome. It makes me wish I was young again so I could try that look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I say go for it if you want a different look. Pastel dyes are popular now and look great and would work with your blonde hair especially. ;0)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to visit back if you have a blog but I can't seem to get too it. =S

      Delete
  7. Hi Cely .. congratulations on your drawings - they are very good .. but I do like the pink hair! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look great to me. Makes me wish I could draw.
    Enjoy your season with pink hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Cely, you've got some amazing talent. Those lips look so real! Your new hair is certainly fabulous, too.
    You've got great goals (I'm commenting on two posts here as you can tell) and I wish you all the best as you continue to pursue them!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    On the Open Road! @ Join us for the 4th Annual Post-Challenge Road Trip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...