Tuesday, May 13, 2014

George Clooney's Hair

My First Attempt at Drawing Hair

George Clooney's Hair which I now Hate!
  
Drawing hair is hard!! 

But then again I say that about every feature that has to be drawn for a portrait. Hair however is like drawing giant eyebrows though. It isn't as satisfying as drawing eyes or lips for and trying to draw the hairs just right can be down right tedious. However, it's a craft that I love to hate and don't really hate.

Outlining form and starting to fill it out.

 I think that if I hadn't been as busy as I have been I would have enjoyed the process a bit more. Drawing realistic portraits takes time and it can be like a form of meditation. You can get lost in it.

Drawn by LittleCely

But if you're distracted by the time you can and will get frustrated very quickly. Especially when you have to watch out for white hairs!!!

Finished hair drawing by LittleCely

In the end it came out looking pretty good for my first attempt. For my first portrait I will take more time on hair to make it look as realistic as possible.

Who would you like to see a drawing of?






13 comments:

  1. Seems like it would be a very tedious process, but you're really good at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes it is very tedious but the end result isn't too bad. =)

      Delete
  2. Little Cely, I would say it's better than pretty good. You have a huge talent. My brother is an artist so I know good art when I see it. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I can't even draw a decent stick figure- drawing hair would be an epic fail lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great to see detailed hair on a stick figure head. haha

      Delete
  4. Wow!! That looks more than pretty good... especially for your first attempt! I envy your drawing skills. And George Clooney is the perfect model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete
  5. All those little details and shading...I'm sure drawing hair is hard, but you sure do an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inconsiderate of George Clooney not to have dyed his grey hairs. Doesn't he know how much harder it makes him to draw!

    Seriously though awesome drawing! Looks really realistic!
    I'd love to see Benedict cumberbatch, he has such an odd face that I'd love to see how he comes out in a drawing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? All famous people should consider their potential drawers! Lol.

      Benedict Cumberbatch does have an interesting face, I might look into that later. =D

      Delete
  7. Wow! It must take a serious amount of patience to draw hair! Actually, it takes a serious amount of patience to do anything on a portrait!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...