Saturday, April 26, 2014

"W" is for Wreck it Ralph


A Disney computer animated feature, Wreck it Ralph was released back in 2012 and the first time I saw this movie I really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it for a variety of reasons. First off, I loved the concept. Taking a look into the world of video game characters. It's the kind of idea that makes me wish I had come up with something so original.

The characters in the world of Wreck it Ralph are free to visit other games in their arcade after closing hours. They all travel through a the main "train station" which is an outlet power strip where all the games are plugged in.

The world and concept is great in and of itself but what makes this movie a winner in my eyes is the story behind it.

We follow the story the story of Ralph, the resident "bad guy" of his arcade game Fix it Felix. He is tired of being treated like the bad guy even if that is his role in the game. He is tired of feeling lousy and wants a chance to be the hero for once.

I won't say much else so as not to ruin the story for those who haven't seen the movie just yet. The message in this movie however was a good one and one many of need to remind ourselves of. This is another animated movie that is great for adults to watch as well.

Due to the success of the movie it looks like a sequel is currently being written. I'm not sure what we will get out of that one but I hope it's just as good as the first and not a sequel flop.

Oh and interesting fact: one of the writers of the script for Wreck it Ralph was Jennifer Lee who also wrote Frozen. Awesome lady, I'll have more faith in the sequel to this movie if/when I hear that she is involved in the writing process once again.

Have you seen Wreck it Ralph?



Enhanced by Zemanta


2 comments:

  1. Hi Cely .. I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph or Frozen for that matter .. but there's some amazing talent out there ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Wreck It Ralph, but I'd like to. From the trailers it looks like a fun movie. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...