Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Q" is for Qatar

A Make-up Post

Doha Skyline. Source
"Q" was supposed to be up last week but due to some stuff, I hadn't managed to write it in on time. However, by the end of the A to Z Challenge I want to feel as if I completed what I set out to do. It won't be a perfect run but I'll at least have written a post for every letter of the alphabet within the month of April, albeit bending the rules just a tiny bit.

"Q" is for Qatar because that is the country I will be moving to in a few months. I must admit that I didn't know too much about the country so I decided to look it up on good old Wikipedia.

Qatar is an absolute monarchy and has the 2nd highest GDP per capita in the world. 14% of households are millionaires and 80% of residents are foreigners. Oh and there is no need for taxes because the State makes enough money that taxes are considered unnecessary.

This should really be an interesting experience and I am looking forward to learn more about the country and its people.

Have any of you ever visited Qatar? What do you know about it? 

Oh and if I've made any mistakes in my facts please feel free to correct me.




6 comments:

  1. I have not visited Qatar, but it sounds like it might be an interesting place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see what it's all about. =)

      Delete
  2. Never been, but definitely curious to learn more. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by, commenting and following! (n_n)/

      I'll be sure to check out your blog as well.

      Delete
  3. I've never been, but it sounds like an interesting place to visit. I hope you plan to write about it when you move, Cely--I look forward to reading more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! It would be a waste not to write more about it as I learn more. =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...