Friday, April 11, 2014

"J" is for Japanese Boy Band

Arashi


 

Back in 2011 I took a course in Uni called Introduction to Media Fandom. I loved this class so much becasue it was all about looking at fandoms in a more academic way. We studied different theories and psychological aspects of what it means to be a fan and belong to a fandom.

For our final projects we had to prepare a presentation about any fandom we wanted. I chose the International Arashi fandom. I still feel a great closeness to this fandom even though I haven't been as involved as I once was a few years ago. I made fanvlogs for heaven's sake!

I'm a sucker for a good Japanese boy band and my favorite one was and always will be Arashi. So, I decided to share with you the introductory video I used to present the boy band to my class. It wasn't made by me but by an online friend who was and I believe still is a fellow Arashi fan. We love Ohno!

There was more to the project of course, but this will be enough to give you a glimpse into an old fandom I'd like to revist sooner rather than later.

Do you guys belong to any interesting fandoms? What have been the most interesting and fun classes you ever had in school?



Enhanced by Zemanta


9 comments:

  1. Favorite classes in college were my writing classes. I was homeschooled before that, so nothing exciting there, lol. Fun post for the letter 'J' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved my writing classes too. The fandom class however was really different.

      Delete
  2. School would have been a lot more fun if we'd had any classes like these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite classes in high school were writing and art. Favorite in college were all sorts of writing and lit classes. I hope you got an A for your project. :-) Glad to be following your blog. See you around the A to Z.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and following! And yes I got an A for the class. *(n_n)*

      Delete
    2. Good for you. a well-deserved grade. :-) Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge Doctor Who fan--but I don't belong to any official fandom, fan group or such. My Asiaphile, K-/J-/C-Pop-loving daughter has probably heard of Arashi, though. And she is well into the whole fandom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cely - I'm a sports mad person .. so sport really ruled my school days .. now I'm into education of many subjects - history, geography, art, theatre, film .. but the Arashi film was interesting - and I can see doing a course that you could teach re fandoms would make sense .. I learnt a little here! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you were able to take away something from the post Hilary.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...