Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"G" is for Game of Thrones

Source: Google Images

Game of Thrones is back! It's back at a perfect time too, right after the season finale of The Walking Dead. Just when I was wondering, what I was going to do without my Sunday zombie fix, I was reminded that the just as awesome if not slightly more awesome Game of Thrones would take up the Sunday slot. Well, Monday for me, but you get what I mean.

Source: brienneofthrace on tumblr
Living in the Middle East I have to wait until Monday to watch the show and I always watch it twice: once on the Internet, usually in the morning or early afternoon and then again in the evening for it's official time slot on satellite. All beautiful, shiny and full of HDness.

As the fangirl nerd that I am I have also read all the books that have been released in the Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. But I must confess that I wasn't one of those that read it "before it was cool." Nope I went straight for the books after the final episode of season one. I needed to know what happened next, but of course I had to start from the beginning.

So, I know every spoiler and upcoming death of the unsuspecting characters that are coming. I never spoil it for anyone however, because I hate being spoiled myself.

I'm looking forward to quite a few things that are sure to come this season and I'm sure they will shock fans who haven't read the books, as much as I was shocked when I read about them.

I am okay with the fact that the show does it's own thing from time to time since it still maintains the essence and general plot line of the books.

However, I am a bit nervous of what is going to happen if or when the show catches up to the books. Are the writers going to create their own version of what happens next? Will they go on a hiatus? Or will they get an advance copy of the next book from Martin himself? Only time will tell.

Any fellow Game of Thrones and/or Song of Ice and Fire fans out there? Or are you not really into it (how can you NOT be!)? Oh and who is your favorite character thus far?

I'm an Arya Stark fan all the way!

Valar Morghulis!


Enhanced by Zemanta


6 comments:

  1. I love Ice and Fire :) When the show started, I had no idea what it was. I watched the first episode, got up, went and got the book, read it in one week before the next episode came up :D I have read all five books in rapid succession, and I am also greatly enjoying the show.
    Here is the thing: I have long outgrown my teen obsession with fantasy, and usually when someone says "Here is a brand new world that..." I stop right there. I don't like learning new worlds because a lot of fantasy worlds are the same, in the end. But when I started reading GoT, it didn't read like fantasy to me at all, it read like historical fiction, the genre I love the most. So I stuck with it, and loved it. Can't wait for the next book :)
    Thanks for stopping by! Happy A to Z!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Tales of colors
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. That's the same reason I love it. It's not just fantasy, it seems more realistic somehow. After every shocking event I always think, "Of course that happened!" It just makes sense. If it were purely fantastical it would find ways around the tough moments instead of facing them head on.

      Delete
  2. I'm not a zombie fan, so I won't see this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many zombies in this one even if you do cound the white walkers as zombies, they barely make an appearance. It's more revenge, kings, dragons, and many plots twisting together. But I guess it wouldn't be for everyone. =)

      Delete
  3. I've always been so intimidated by it....It's sitting on my book shelf though, waiting for me to work up the courage....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are huge books but then again so was Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. But I know what you mean.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...