Saturday, April 5, 2014

"E" is for Elsa

Character Feature

Elsa the Snow Queen
 Lately I've been watching Disney's newest animated feature, Frozen almost as often as toddlers watch their favorite movies. So, over and over again.

Although most of the time I put it on as background noise and then sing along with my favorite songs when they come up /(n_n).

Anyway, Elsa is my favorite character in the Frozen universe. I really like how she was written. She is not the main protagonist of the story but is still a major player. I guess it's her story that I gravitate towards. She was forced to supress who she was, thinking it was a bad thing, and it wasn't until she embraced herself that she was able to start to grow.

I also like the fact that the first time since her childhood that she felt comfortable and happy was when she was alone. I think that's important to note: if it's not all the time, it is okay to want to be alone. As an introvert myself, I know I need my alone time every now and then.

Have you seen Frozen? Did you like it? Who is your favorite character?


Enhanced by Zemanta


11 comments:

  1. Haven't seen Frozen yet. From your description, it sounds like they writers have made an intriguing character out of Elsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it. It's different from the typical Disney princess movie.

      Delete
  2. I've seen Frozen once (rented it),and I actually didn't care for it. We're going to see it again next week when it comes back to the theater (as part of a kid's film festival), so maybe seeing it on the big screen will make a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly the first time I watched it I didn't think too much of it either. But since then I watched it again and it grew on me.

      Delete
  3. How can anyone not like Elsa's song? I've watched it tons but it really makes me miss my daughter while she's at college. She calls me and asks me 'do you wanna build a snowman?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really sweet. When my mom hears that I put it on again that is the first things she yells out. "Do you wanna build a snowman!"

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by GirlZombieAuthors. I admit I'm behind on watching movies. Heard so much that I'll have to add Frozen to the list. Animated movies are always fun. GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughters loved the Frozen move. It's nice to follow and connect http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me feel old suddenly - I didn't know there was something called " Frozen" !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect choice for "E"! I love Elsa and really relate to her. I loved Frozen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE this movie at our house! When the kids are bored they say "What can we doooo Mom...and don't say ANYTHING about a snowman! It's not funny anymore!!!" (it totally still is funny!) And I love Elsa for the same reasons! I so wish I had a castle I could go hide in sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...