Monday, April 1, 2013

Zombies, White Walkers and the Talking Dead

AMC's The Walking Dead

Being that I don't live in the United States, I always have to wait until the next day to watch my favorite shows and today was great! I watched the season finale of The Walking Dead, the season premier of Game of Thrones and the final episode of the Talking Dead. All in all it's been a good day so far and will continue to be one as I continue reading A Series of Unfortunate Events. Which granted is on a different spectrum than those shows but maybe I'll do some Song of Ice and Fire re-reading afterwards.

Spoilers dead Ahead!


The last episode of The Walking Dead was everything a season finale should be. It closed up a particular arc and plot point, the impending war between the two groups, and it left the ending open making us wonder what is going to happen next. Where did the governor go? How is the dynamic going to change with the young and old of Woodbury joining the prison group? And what is up with Carl? 


The Talking Dead is always fun to watch after an episode of The Walking Dead. The guests for this particular episode included Chad Coleman who plays Tyrese, Yvette Nicole Brown who plays Shirley Bennett on Community and is a big fan of the show, and finally the awesome and bad ass Norman Reedus who plays the equally awesome and bad ass  Daryl Dixon.

It's always great to hear other people's predictions and reactions to the show. And this episode's creepy caller was an interesting novelty that creeped the guests out pretty good. I love hearing actors talk about acting so it was a fun thing to check out.


Finally it was nice to see Game of Thrones back, although I was a little disappointed that there was no Arya or Gendry this episode but I wasn't too surprised about that. Nothing big in this episode, it focused more on picking up where the last season ended, setting up what is to come later in the season. And if I remember my reading correctly, the final couple of episodes of this season are going to be good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...